FAQs Press release services in China are very different from those in the US, Canada and other major Western countries. For example, China’s main search engine is Baidu, also known as “Chinese Google,” rather than Google, Bing and Yahoo, etc. Another major difference is that contact info is rarely
01. Who is PRChinaWire.com?
PRChinaWire.com is a team comprising senior media professionals and PR veterans, who mainly come from China’s mainland.
02. How is PRChinaWire.com different from other newswires?
PRChinaWire.com distinguishes itself from other press release newswires in China through its search-engine optimized and social-media enabled distribution platform.
PRChinaWire.com makes press releases available online directly to the media, and your release also is submitted to premium China-focused online locations all over the Internet where interested readers can easily find it.
Whether you are in the finance, manufacturing, sourcing, retail, information technology, green technology, CSR, agriculture, chemical, or travel industries, we have exclusive ability to have your release on China’s top business news websites.
03. What is social media and how are press releases optimized for social media?
Social media is a combination of Internet-based publishing like WeChat, Weibo (Chinese Twitter), Baidu Zhidao (Chinese Wikis), blogs and other websites that cater to providing information.
It also describes the online technologies and practices that people use to share opinions, insights, experiences and perspectives with each other.
We use a combination of HTML markup, XML markup, tags and syndication services like RSS to help news and media websites in China easily integrate our press releases into their services.
A social media press release is unique because it combines various multimedia elements
such as text, video and images in one place, giving journalists the ability to easily use some or all of the media elements of the release.
04. If I purchase the package for 300 media, will it contain the big media sites from QQ, Sina, Sohu, 163, Xinhua or People, and so on?
No matter what Standard Package you choose, you will have access to big media publications. You can pick specific media, but we cannot guarantee publication on specific media beforehand; we guarantee publication in some big media within the range of QQ, Sohu, 163, Sina, iFeng, Toutiao, CCTV, People, GMW, China, Youth, ChinaDaily, CRI, CE, CNR and Xinhuanet.
05. How many pictures can my release take?
Although you are allowed an unlimited amount, we suggest less than 5 (ideally 1-3). The appropriate number of images should be determined by the needs of the content.
06. Is it an unlimited word count?
Yes; however, we suggest fewer than 1,000 words. As with the number of images, the word count should also be determined by the needs of the content.
07. Does PRChinaWire.com offer any tips or help on how to write an effective news release?
PRChinaWire.com’s editorial guidelines offer editorial help including
Writing & Translation
08. Does distribution through PRChinaWire.com guarantee page placement or search placement in the search engines, or that the media will use my press release?
Although PRChinaWire.com can guarantee that we will make your press release available to the news search engines in most cases and 100% placement on select websites in China, we cannot guarantee its rank as related to search terms or page placement. Additionally, we guarantee that the media will use your news release, which accepted by our editors. Our expertise and professionalism ensures a certain placement according to the agreement between the media and us.
09. How do I send you a press release for distribution?
10. How long will my release be published after payment?
For most packages, it normally takes 1-2 business days to publish your release and get a full report, but if you need a translation, it will take another 1-2 days. If the release is fewer than 1,000 words, the translation will most likely be completed in 1 day.
Package Standard D and Standard E usually take 1-2 additional days to obtain publication on the sub-homepage, also known as 2
tier homepage, as this requires a higher level of editorial approval.
11. What kind of report will I receive and in what form?
The report, including all publication links, is provided in Excel. We also provide Baidu inclusion screenshots. In the vast majority of cases, we have Baidu and other major Chinese search engine inclusions.
12. Can I target my distribution to a specific geographical area?
Yes, you can target sites in any regions, provinces, cities or counties in China’s mainland. PRChinaWire.com’s distribution is both in China and global. You are welcome to try our global distribution and publication services.
13. What kind of contact information does PRChinaWire.com require to submit a news release?
PRChinaWire.com requires a contact name, e-mail address and phone number before we can distribute your press releases. The information you specify will be provided to the media upon request. In addition, when you sign a contract by buying a subscription package with PRChinaWire.com, you will be required to appoint one person in your company to be the main point of contact. This protects you from erroneous press releases being distributed on your behalf. When you choose and purchase a subscription package, that information will all be made available to you. We may call you to confirm your company details prior to allowing you to disseminate press releases.
14. What are the typical kinds of press releases accepted by PRChinaWire.com?
The three most typical types of press releases you’ll find on PRChinaWire.com are ones with:
* Strong news announcements about new products, books or services, an award or honor, new hires, upcoming or past events, mergers and acquisitions, business promotions, contests and other changes.
* Soft or “feature” news that connects an organization, service or product with a trend in their industry or in society, or that provides an alternative perspective to a bigger news story. This could include news about a “local” connection to a national or international event, issue or news that shines a “human interest” spotlight on a person, product or organization that is a prime example of or is affected by a story in the news.
* Newsworthy and timely information about the release of a tip sheet, website or white paper that presents a person or organization as an expert in a specific field.
15. What types of press releases and content does PRChinaWire.com not accept?
PRChinaWire.com does not accept press releases that we perceive to be inflammatory or intended to cause harm to a third party; that are written in the format of an advertisement or spam; or that are deemed not newsworthy. In addition, PRChinaWire.com does not accept press releases containing, promoting or linking to adult content or profanity or content that contains accusations of criminal conduct without attribution to a court case number. PRChinaWire.com does not accept press releases from anonymous or fictitious sources or that directly address consumers and the public with a “Buy Me!” type of appeal. For more information, please visit PRChinaWire.com
16. What is an editorial hold?
When a press release submitted to PRChinaWire.com does not meet PRChinaWire.com’s editorial standards, an editor places it on editorial hold status to allow you time to make revisions.
17. Can PRChinaWire.com write or edit my press release?
Yes, PRChinaWire.com has a team of editors who can write your press release from scratch or re-work your release draft. Our editorial services are available as add-on services with any press release package, Please refer to
Writing & Translation
for more details.
18. How long should a press release be?
The optimum length for a press release is 400 to 900 Chinese words, and the length can directly affect your distribution. Press releases shorter than 400 words are often missing important elements and may not be recognized by the search engines as a press release. Search engines may also flag long press releases as something other than a press release.
19. Can I send Chinese-language press releases with PRChinaWire.com?
Yes, currently all English-language press releases sent to PRChinaWire.com allow you to send, at the same time, the Chinese-version of that same release. Please note that only Simplified Chinese content goes out to media in China’s mainland.
20. Can I send a Chinese-language press release only, instead of an English press release?
Yes, it is fine for you to choose to send only a Chinese-language press release without an accompanying English-language press release.
21. Is translation to Chinese part of the package? Because my release is in English.
price is $150, which includes up to 500 Chinese words. Any content requiring more than 500 words will incur additional costs. We will not charge extra if it is only a few words over the standard 500.
22. Do you offer refunds on your service?
Yes, we will refund your full amount within ten (10) calendar days if we failed to publish your press release by our mistake. Please note, there might be a deduction of the transfer fee made by banks, Paypal or the transaction service providers. You are solely responsible for paying the designated fee for each Press Release submitted. We do not offer any refunds on used services.
23. How to pay?
PRChinaWire.com comes with a prepaid model. Once you have created a request and before the press release is written or distribution, you can make the payment by wire transfer, credit card or PayPal.
24. Do you guarantee Baidu and other search engine inclusion?
We have obtained 100% Baidu and other search engine inclusion for our previous press release distributions and publications, but we do not promise that beforehand.